Thursday, June 20, 2013

Jenny McCarthy

Isn't it funny how once you start thinking about something or someone, it seems like they are everywhere?

A few weeks ago I was looking for something to watch on Hulu and stumbled across "Love in the Wild." It's a silly reality show where 12 men and 12 women try to get to know each other and find love, all the while doing difficult things in the wilds of the Dominican Republic.  I love the idea of adventure and love, and thought it was a fun, though not really romantic, show.  The host was Jenny McCarthy.

I couldn't remember what she had done. "MTV" my husband stated.

The next week I was looking through my library's audio files to find a book to listen to and I found the book "Love, lust and faking it, The naked truth about sex, lies and true romance."  Isn't that a great title!  It was by Jenny McCarthy.  I never read any of her other books, but people had mentioned they were funny, so I downloaded the book.

It has mixed reviews, but I liked it.  It was funny, but not hilarious.  But more than that, I could relate to it.  She is a woman of my age, trying to figure out how to be happy in this world.  How to love herself and feel satisfied.     Isn't that what we are all trying to do?

In listening to the book, I learned that while she might have done MTV, she got her start posing for playboy.  For some reason it makes me happy that my husband didn't know that fact.


1 comment: