Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Downey puts someone in the mood


Did you know that the Downy Simple Pleasures collection is supposed to help a woman "take a moment and feel more alluring, daring, or any mood she may feel the desire to express?"  

While I'm not certain how doing the laundry could possibly make me feel daring or alluring, my husband seems to  have hopes. 

Several years ago he saw a Downy commercial.  It showed a smiling woman finish her laundry and eagerly entice her man into the clean, sensually scented sheets.  

My husband went out and bought that fabric softener the next day!   

I thought it smelled terrible and was happy when that bottle was empty.  Sadly, it did not have the results he had hoped for. 

However, since then, it seems like every time I wash the sheets, my husbands interest in me perks up.    It's as though he still hopes that Downy's promise of some simple pleasures will someday come true.    

I don't have the heart to tell him that I use Seventh Generation Softener.  Our bed is a greener, less toxic place, but I don't think that will leave him with the warm fuzziness that the sexy Downy commercial has etched in his memory.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I will ever think of Downey the same again. You two will always pop into my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, maybe you'll smile a little more when you change your sheets.

    ReplyDelete