Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Fever

Last week I saw Justin Bieber on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.  The kid seemed nervous, twitchy and odd.  I don't know much about him, so I thought maybe he's just high strung and always acts that way.


They went on to play a game of tossing junk through a basketball hoop.  Justin missed all his shots, but I thought maybe he he didn't have much in the ways athletic skills.   

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but his odd behavior  still left me wondering if it wasn't something more.

Last night as I browsed Netflix for something to watch, I found  Justin Bieber: Never Say Never the 2011 documentary about Justin's rise from a small town kid in Canada to a pop phenomenon.   Since his odd interview was still on my mind, I decided to do a quick scan of his life.  After just a few minutes of watching the movie, I found that Justin was a born performer, not one to squirm while being interviewed.  And that he could make a basket from the 3 point line.  

So, while I don't know what might make you pick at your clothes and wiggle in your seat, I'm pretty sure that he wasn't himself.  And after reading that he showed up hours late to his London concert,   I'd guess that he's suffering from more than a celebration gone wild or a harmless dabbling into pot.   Only an artist with serious problems would leave an audience waiting so long that they booed him and left.  

Whatever it is,  I hate to see a life derailed.    I certainly hope he gets back on track.  Otherwise the the Bieber Fever will cool and he will have real reasons to twitch.



No comments:

Post a Comment