Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tomato Potato

Early into our relationship my husband started letting me know that I say things incorrectly.  Before he came around I had no idea!  I guess my Midwestern parents and valley girl childhood did not give me great oratory skills.

Here is a very partial list of words

    WORD                  HOW I SAY IT

  •     salsa                      salza
  •     cabinet                 cabnet
  •     ruin                       roon (rhymes with moon)
  •     our                         rrr (like a pirate)
  •     to                            ta (very George Bush of me)
  •     a                             uh (my 5 year old can't figure  out how to spell "a" 
                                               because of me)

I know that for the most part Wayne is right (don't tell him I said that).   I say things in my own "special" way and I'm too old to change, much.  But there is one word I am not certain he's right about.

What do you call the site/ap Pinterest?

 I say pintrest...2 sylables (pin and trest)
 My husband insists I should say pinterest with 3 sylables (pin ter est)

I'm competitive and wanted to prove him wrong, but can't find an answer.  I even went to their "about" page!  Argh!





No comments:

Post a Comment