Friday, March 8, 2013

Elephant Knees

Last fall, Fifth Harmony came in third on X Factor.  I wasn't a huge fan of the group and was happy that Tate Stevens won the show.  But I really liked the girls styling.  They were wearing short shorts with a blouse.  They looked flirty and fun.

As spring is approaching, I'm wondering if a woman of 40 should attempt to wear the same styles as girls of 16.    Eventually, the legs of even the most fit women begin to show their age and I am certainly not the most fit of women.

Although I've always been critical of my legs (cookies are not kind to the thighs) I've started wondering if they are also starting to show my age.

I've begun to worry about elephant knees; loose skin that sags and gathers at the knee.   When I last checked my cellulite was keeping the skin firm above the knee.  Lumpy, but firm.  But, who knows how long that will last.

So I'm really torn.  Should I embrace my youth as long as I can or should I age gracefully into the carpi?



2 comments:

  1. I think my knees are ok, but my elbows are another story. Luckly people don't look at my elbows much.

    I say, where the shorts as long as you can!

    I like this look of the shorts with a blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to the dark side! I'm working on my mantra for 40 and it goes something like this... Throw out the stigmas about what society makes you feel is "age appropriate" and go with what makes you happy! Besides, you've got a beautiful body! Can't wait to see you rockin those shorties!

    ReplyDelete